2018 Pool Rules & Entry Information
- The objective of the pool is to pick a team of 10 players
who will accumulate more money in winnings from events in the 2017/2018 PGA
season than those players on all of the other teams.
- The first eight events of the 2017/2018 season will be played in October and
November of 2017. Those events will NOT be included in the Pool. The
first tournament counting towards the Pool is the Tournament of
Champions which starts on Thursday January 4, 2018. Once that tournament starts, your
team is frozen, no changes are allowed after that.
- The fee to enter a team is $130.00 (Canadian)
- All entry fees collected, with the exception of $320.00, will be paid back out
in prizes. The money held back is used to cover the free entry given to the
last place team from the prior year, website hosting fees, banking fees, and general
- There are 10 different pools covered by your entry fee. The main pool, which runs from
the first tournament in January until the last one in September, and 9 monthly pools.
- From your entry fee, $110.00 is allocated to the main pool
and $20.00 is allocated to the monthly pools.
- In the main pool, approximately 16% of the teams entered
will receive a cash prize at the end of the season,
with the lowest prize being $220.00. The first
place finisher will receive approximately 13% of the
money in the pool. The exact number of teams receiving
prizes and the dollar amount for each prize is based on
the total number of teams entered. This information will
be published right after the entry deadline passes. You
can select the Prize Allocation menu item
to view the allocation. Prize values are all stated in Canadian funds.
- There will be three winners in each monthly pool. The payout for first, second,
and third will be the same each month. The
first place team will receive 50% of the money available. The second place team
will receive 30% and the third place team will receive 20%.
The exact amounts will be published right after the entry
deadline passes. You can click the Prize
Allocation menu item to view the monthly
allocation. Prize values are all stated in Canadian funds.
- As an added bonus, the team finishing last in the main
pool will receive a free entry into the 2019 pool.
- You can enter as many teams as you like, however no two
of your teams may contain the exact same 10 players.
- Team ownership may be shared between 2 or more individuals.
- Nicknames will be used to identify teams in the weekly
standings, unless one is not given. In that case the name
of the team owner will be used.
- The cash payments for the monthly prizes will not be distributed until after the
season ending event in September.
- Cash payments to participants not residing in Canada will be converted to your local currency at the going exchange rate.
- A tournament is included in a given monthly pool if it
is scheduled to end in that month. For example, if a
tournament starts on May 28th and ends on June 1, then it
will be included in the June pool, not the May pool.
- To enter the pool you must select a team of 10 players
from the list of Eligible Golfers. You must select
exactly 10 players, no more or less. If a player is not
included on the list then that player is not eligible for the pool.
- Each golfer is assigned a 'buy' value, which in most cases
is equivalent to the amount of money won by that player on
the PGA Tour in the prior year. The buy value assigned to
each player in the list of Eligible Golfers
is the official amount that will be used for pool purposes.
- The total 'buy' amount of your 10 players must not exceed the
'buy' limit of $15,000,000.
- The list of eligible golfers includes the following:
Players using a life-time exemption, a career money list exemption, or a medical extension
are ineligible, as are golfers who do not have a PGA Tour card.
The Pool Administrator may rule an eligible player to be
ineligible if he deems it to be in the best interest of the Pool. This year Rory McIlroy, and Tiger Woods have been ruled ineligible.
Justin Thomas is also ineligible because his buy amount is too high.
The standings list will be published weekly and posted on the golf pool website.
- The golfers finishing in the top 125 on the 2017 FedEx Cup points list.
Their buy amount is the greater of $600,000, or their official 2017 PGA Tour earnings.
- Those golfers who were not PGA Tour members in 2017, but finished with more maney that the 125th person
on the FedEx Cup points list. Their buy amount is the greater of $600,000, or their official 2017 PGA Tour earnings.
- Those golfers with an exemption based on a prior tour win. Their buy amount is the greater of $750,000, or
their official 2017 PGA Tour earnings.
- Those golfers finishing in the top 25 on the 2017 Web.com money list. Their
buy amount is the greater of $600,000, or their official 2017 PGA Tour earnings.
- Those golfers finishing in the top 25 in the 2017 Web.com Playoffs who were not already qualified through the
Web.com money list. Their buy amount is the greater of $600,000, or their official 2017 PGA Tour earnings.
- Those golfers finishing between 126 and 150 on the
2017 FedEx Cup points list. Their buy amount is the greater of $600,000, or their
official 2017 PGA Tour earnings. These players have conditional status only.
THE ENTRY DEADLINE IS 6:00 PM ON
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2018
You can send your entry through regular mail or through e-Mail. Payments can be sent through the mail or preferrably through an e-mail transfer. The payment deadline is Friday, January 12,
2018. Teams not paid for by that date will be removed from
For my contact information, please go to the Contact page.